Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Taking Charge of My Fertility?

A couple of weeks ago I bought the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, the one that everyone on every TTC website raves about. It is very useful! It's so well written and explains things so clearly...

...Unless you are me this month.

Last month, as I mentioned, I was able to spot my ovulation very well. (At least I think I was.) Lots of EWCM, and my cervix was high and dropped immediately the next day, and my cervical fluid dried up very quickly. This month, I've been watching those two signs (cervical fluid and cervical position) as the book says, and also recording my temperature. And I am still confused.

Last weekend my cervical fluid was eggy as hell, so my husband and I had sex a few times. I was really chuffed with myself that I was able to spot my ovulation and time sex accordingly. My temp was pretty steady. Then, by Monday, my fluid had dried up. However, my cervix was still high, and my temp hadn't risen at all. Today is Wednesday, and I am still high and dry, and have a low temp. I am confused! Why did I get only one of the three signs? At least two out of three would have me more confident. It's day 16. Last month, I didn't notice any EWCM until day 19, so maybe what I noticed last weekend was really something else (although I doubt it) and I am still going to ovulate. Although that seems unlikely because I do not currently have creamy fluid, it's just bone-dry. I am kind of worried that this may be an anovulatory cycle, which I never knew that I had. My period's always been pretty regular and has never given me much trouble. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment