Sunday, February 21, 2010

Waiting for the next big step

First of all, let me just say that I am excited that my blog has its very first follower! Blogs are such a great way to communicate and learn from interesting people who are in the same boat as me, or who may just be able to provide me with insight that my friends sometimes can't.

Anyway, my husband and I are looking to buy our first apartment, and it's all going pretty well (we just got pre-approved for a mortgage yesterday!), although there is one hitch, which may be just me being high-strung, but here goes: We have been looking at two bedroom places, as we plan to have a baby. Otherwise, we would be looking for one bedrooms. (Note; we live in NYC, where housing is expensive, and a spare bedroom is a big fat luxury, unless you are super rich. We, needless to say, are not.) Perhaps a little superstitious of me, but I don't want to "jinx" myself by getting a two bedroom in anticipation of a baby.

Also, I like my job pretty well. I've bee there a few years. It's interesting, the pay is alright, and the vacation time is great. However, I'm starting to look around a little, and if the right job came up, I would definitely take it--aside from the fact that the job I have now would be great for having a kid at, in terms of all of the vacation/sick days I've amassed, as well as their policies on working moms in general. So, should I stay at this job in anticipation that it will be a great place to be once I have a kid, or do I leave if I find something better, even if it wouldn't be so easy to do with a baby? (Or--this is just me being superstitious: I say "screw it" to staying on at my current job for their family leave policies, only to find myself pregnant immediately at a new job?)

I guess I'll end this post with a bug fat UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment