Sunday, January 10, 2010

I think I'm ovulating, and what do I have to show for it?

Hey there,

So my cervical mucus today was of the very egg whitey. Very much so. And I am so frustrated because my husband is still away for work! He doesn't get back until Wednesday. Grrr.

On the Pollyanna side, I am actually in better spirits than I was this morning, because I actually found some EWCM this evening. The past two months I had trouble detecting any EWCM. And the month before that, frustration beyond frustration, I detected a bunch AND the next day I felt a pain in my ovary (likely the sensation of ovulation occurring) but my husband was again away for work. Super grrr.

Anyway, it is day 19. I guess I ovulate late. My period is usually 30 days, but for the past two months it's been 38 days, so maybe it will be 38 days again. So, I noted this all down. Although I did randomly do an ovulation test this morning and it came out negative. I will do one tomorrow morning in light of the EWCM.

Back when I was in my early twenties, I remember getting a shitload of EWCM. I didn't even really know what it was back then; I just remember being in the shower on many occasions and finding just gobs and gobs of it. I went on the pill when I was about 23 and just came off of it fairly recently. So until recently I hadn't gotten EWCM in years. Now that I am in constant awareness of it, I find it rarely and in much smaller does. Not fair. I have read that it is less plentiful in your 30's than in your 20's, which I guess is just another of the seemingly many reasons that it is harder to conceive as you get older. Boo.

I don't know. I guess all I can say is that I hope next month that the EWCM comes around again and is plentiful when my husband is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment