Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hi there

Hi there to whoever finds themselves reading this. I suppose I should begin my first post by explaining who I am and what this blog is about. My name is Lauren, and I am writing this blog basically as a way to vent my thoughts, frustrations, anxiety with trying to conceive (TTC to anyone who is in the same boat as me!) Here's my story so far:

I am 32 years old. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since August, although, since he goes away for work sometimes, we've really only had three opportunities to try. And, so far no luck (or I wouldn't be writing this blog, huh?)

Part of me (the rational part, I suppose) realizes that three months really is nothing to get concerned over. Everything I've read points out that many perfectly healthy, fertile, and, ultimately successful, couples try for a good deal longer than this. Still, I worry. I am a worrier by nature, and, well, the stakes are pretty high. I naively (god, very naively, now that I look back on it) thought that getting pregnant would be as easy as going off the pill and having sex the next month the next month. Ha!

I wouldn't worry so much (or probably even at all) if I knew that it would happen eventually. But every month of trying (albeit only three so far) make me all the more frustrated.

Another thing that worries me is my age. I know that, although 32 is relatively old to embark on a journey (journey is a euphemism if there ever was one as far as I'm concerned, but I am trying to stay positive) of TTC, there are many, many women who have had children at much later ages. In fact, before my husband and I began TTC-ing this summer, I was not worried about my age as a factor at all.

So here we are. I hope you enjoy my blog. In other news, it's freaking freezing here tonight, so I'm staying in for a raucous night of cleaning the apartment. I'm off to do just that. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment