Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Shouldn't Have Told Anyone

So when we first began TTC, I was pretty liberal about mentioning to people. Which I now regret. ADVICE TO ANYONE READING THIS: Good idea not to mention that you're TTC. Because it if doesn't happen right away, you feel like a dumbass. Like I do.

I just got an email from a friend. It was a group email, and he's not that good of a friend, but anyway, in it he said that he and his wife (who I also know) are expecting a baby in September. Besides the fact that I really hate hearing about people expecting kids nowadays, I feel kind of dumb because I made the mistake this past summer of mentioning to them that we were going to begin TTC. And now they've fucking lapped us. I just feel dumb and wish I hadn't mentioned it.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I made the same mistake. It takes a while, but people finally stop asking (or they don't ask nearly as often). Now that we've decided to really start looking into our fertility issues, I've kept my mouth shut. Only a few select people know.

    ReplyDelete